noetic flatulence

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Best Job In America

According to Money magazine, I have the best job in America. According to Money, being a software engineer is the best job according to the way they rank the jobs. My job title is Senior Software Engineer (or some other management crap). I guy I am acquainted with through a message board said he's "just a programmer" and not a software engineer or any other fancy title. Maybe he writes mainframe software, in that case, yes, he is just a programmer. I have more high falutin' ideas of what I do, so I think of myself more than just a "programmer"--although that is the easiest way for us computer clergy to describe it to the laity.

Actually, it is a pretty good job. I wished it paid as well as a physician, but then don't we all wish we made as much as physicians do...

2 Comments:

  • How much do physicians make?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 PM  

  • A couple hundred thousand. I have a friend who is an ER physician, his malpractice insurance is $40K per year.

    It all depends on your specialty. Here's a survey

    By Blogger wanker, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home